Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stay In The Ring

         As everyone knows, I'm a sports fan. Today, I was thinking about my life currently and the metaphor of boxing came to mind. I'm partial to some of the great boxers I grew up with Like Joe Frazier, Mohammed Ali, Sugar Ray, Alexander Holyfield, and Mike Tyson.  


    The last three years my life has been in transition. The recession hit and God put it in my heart to reposition myself for the next level in my life. I went back to school to complete my Bachelors degree I started so many years ago.  God directed me to move across the county.  I entered graduate school.    All new beginnings, which is what I blog about.

    The years have been filled with excitement, but also filled with plenty of hard work.  I've watch God do the impossible in so many areas of my life. I pinch myself at times. I'm in awe of just how great God is.  God can transform anything and anyone! I’m a living witness.  And the truth is that God is not done with me yet! Praise Him!  This journey has taken much faith and hard work on my part.  The result is living glory to glory, level to level, & manifestation.  Yes, faith and hard work. I keep stressing this because I believe we often miss it by not understand that Faith without works is dead. (James 2). Faith moves mountains, but God requires His wisdom, our hard work, and practical knowledge when applicable.

Looking over my life, I have to admit, I didn't get into my forties without having to fight for some things along the way. I’m sure you can relate.  I also remember being knocked out a few times, BUT getting back up again. The key is to keep fighting. Stay in the game.

Just recently, I have to admit, I feel like another heavy weight named Goliath is in the ring kicking my tail.  But my faith and the Word of God tell me who I am. I have made a quality decision to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:12).  Therefore, quitting is not an option, even when tempted to do so.

Dearhearts, it’s so crucial to remain focused just before victory. Often, this is when we are vulnerable the most.  We get tired of fight and waiting on God.  Recently, I’ve seen some big smoke screens by the enemy. Things that are designed by the enemy to catch you off guard. But, I have learned to just #StayInTheRing

If you #StayInTheRing , you will reap your harvest.  If you #StayInTheRing, victory will be yours! If you #StayInTheRing your Goliaths will come down!

Just keep fighting! Stand on God's Word. Speak God’s Word by faith. Dispatch your angels!  Yes, you will get tired. But, faint not! The Joy of the Lord is your strength.  If you #StayInTheRing that mountain will be removed!

Dearhearts, your harvest time is near! Don't let the devil or circumstances trick you out of your harvest! You've come too far! #StayInTheRing

No comments:

Post a Comment