Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going back to school with Student loans

A few years back, frustrated with my life, I decide to start over.


The first thing I decided was to go back to school to get my degree. I had been putting off going back to school for years. Oh, I had all kinds of reasons not too. The cost of going back, defaulted student loans, didn’t want to be in the classroom, & I thought I didn’t have the time and that I was too old. But, I got tired of being pushed over for promotions that I was qualified to do just because I didn’t have degree.

So, how do you go back to school if your student loans are in default? My recommendation is to avoid scams and go straight to the source. The government has an excellent program. The U. S. Department of Education‘s William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. They will consolidate all your loans (even the defaulted ones) and set up a payment plan based on your income. (Payments not required while you are in school). Here’s the website http://www.dl.ed.gov/ find the loan consolidation link- which will lead you to https://loanconsolidation.ed.gov/AppEntry/apply-online/appindex.

No comments:

Post a Comment