Monday, January 9, 2012

God is a God of All Seasons



 Few people know this about me, but my favorite holiday season is New's Eve/New Year's. It's marked with so much spirit of renewal, expectancy, and rebirth. My spirit man literally leaps toward the end of the year with anticipation of what God has next. The turning of the year was no different.   I knew in my spirit that 2012 would be a year like no other. It's the year that marks the beginning of  great outpouring and manifestation of God's will and purpose. Things we have heard prophesied and read His word; now is the set time. God will show His glory like never before. Isn't it awesome how God chooses to imperfect vessels like us to advance His purpose? Wow! I'm just humbled.

And yet, I have spoken to many and can sum it up by saying the last few years were difficult most. they were trying and challenging years.Some of us have faced things in this past few years that we would have never thought of.  The last few years have been church hurt, recession, job loss, decrease in income, my parents getting divorced after 40 years,  relocation to a new state,  and being diagnoises with a cyst on my left ovary. I could go on and list my trials over the last few years, I know that things come to mind in your life. But, do you know what? We made it!!!! Hallelujah.  And we learn somethings about God and ourselves in the process. I am a living witness that God has worked it all out for mygood! God is no respector of persons. He can and shall do the same for you!

So, at the end of the I'm reflecting on all God has done. I'm so thankful and looking forward to the next step in God. Then, the new year hits. I'm good for a few days, then suddenly I'm in a funk that It's explain. I'm just feeling down and I'm wondering where all that excitement went. It was so uncharacteristic of who I am, I began talking to God. This is what He shared with me.

 God wants us to trust Him in EVERY season of our lives.There is something contagious about the end of the year. We anticipate/expectancy the change of a new year. We’re poised for our new season.   
However after the holidays settle, we are left with the reality that our lives appear to be the same until the manifestation of our change arrives. The momentum of the change of the New Year subsides and now all may seem quiet.  We may question, did I miss it God?

For God says:  FEAR NOT!  I am with you.  I am you God in ALL seasons... valleys and peaks.  Trust what I have put in heart before the turn of the year. I am working it out.

Take this time of quiet to rest in Him; listen to Him for direction, giving him thanks for what is still to come. Personally, I started a prayer journal. I have written every word from God He has spoken to me just prior to the New Year. Inside are the victories and answers to prayer of 2011. Addtionally, are the startegic instructions God had given me as we walk this thing out step by step. Yes, 2011 was the year that learned truly what it meant that God is my Good Shepard. I'm allowing Him to order my steps weather the path is light; or it seems dark and slient. For “Lo, i am with you always” is with me (Mat 28:20).


No comments:

Post a Comment